One among the most common ingredients we use in our daily lives is honey. Rich in antioxidants, it has always been known for its antiseptic properties that help heal wounds apart from being used as a healthier substitute for sugar. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals and helps nourishes the mind and body.
Yet another spice we use commonly is Cinnamon that is actually the inner bark of the Cinnamomum tree. Considered highly valuable since time immemorial, this delicious spice is known of its medicinal, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It is well known to regulate blood sugar levels and hence is commonly used to control diabetes. With its anti-inflammatory properties, it is known to be excellent for heart health.
Given these immense health benefits, I was naturally super excited when I came across Cinnamon Imbued Honey from the house of Sprig.
A winning combination of true Srilankan Cinnamon and pure honey coupled using a special maturation process, a spoonful of this each day is sure to keep the doctor away! A perfect panacea for several minor and major health issues, some of the health benefits of cinnamon honey are:
- Cure colds
- Nurse stomach infections
- Boost the immune system
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Reduce acidity levels
- Cure bladder infections
- Aids in weight loss
Thick and delicious, this product from Sprig is the perfect accompaniment to pancakes, milk shakes, cereals and a host of other foods. Like most of their other products, this one too is a winner and cooking with them is such a pleasure!
On the occasion of World Pancake day today, here is an easy yet healthy pancake recipe that combines the goodness of oats, millets, cinnamon and honey.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
• 1 cup soaked oats
• ½ cup finger millet (ragi) flour
• 1 ripe banana cut into small pieces
• ½ cup milk
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp jaggery
• 1 tsp salt
• 1-2 tbsp of Sprig Cinnamon Imbued Honey
• 1-2 tsp coconut/olive oil
• Grind the soaked oats and banana to a fine paste.
• Add milk, finger millet flour and mix well to form a consistency that can be poured on a pan.
• Add salt, jaggery, baking powder, vanilla essence and set the batter aside for a couple of hours.
• Heat a skillet or pan and pour a spoonful of batter. Do not spread the batter too much.
• Add a few drops of coconut oil over the poured batter and lower the flame.
• Once you see the color changing, carefully flip to the other side and allow to cook.
• Drizzle Sprig Cinnamon Imbued Honey and serve with fruits.
• The dark color is due to Ragi/finger millet. You can substitute this with fox tail millet flour or even all purpose flour.
• Adjust the quantity of milk and finger millet flour to ensure that the batter is not too runny.
• You can sugar instead of jaggery.
• Cut fruits like apple and strawberry can be added to the batter.
For more recipes click here.
Disclaimer: This post is in collaboration with Sprig but, views and opinions, as always are my own.
6 thoughts on “Oats and Finger Millet pancakes using Sprig Real Cinnamon Imbued Honey”
It looks like an extremely nutritious and delicious meal to me. I might just try it to regain my strength.
Great Peter, hope you try it soon and let me know how it turned out:)
This sounds heavenly!