Organic food, cold pressed oils, millets etc have become buzzwords in today’s times and are being seen as the answer for various lifestyle conditions affecting a large part of the population today. In the current age where multitasking and hectic schedules are the order of the day, the importance of eating right and excercising regularly can hardly be overemphasized.
When it comes to eating right, I am an ardent supporter of high quality, wholesome foods that are unrefined and minimally processed. These include whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and healthy fats. Such foods are high in their nutritional value and are subject to minimum adulteration.
Goodness of cold pressed oils
Cold pressed oils are on my ‘must have’ list when it comes to healthy food and are a staple in my kitchen. I use them geenrously for drizzling over soups and salads.
For the uninitiated, cold pressing refers to a technique of extraction of the oil from the seeds or fruits be it coconut, olive or sesame. Cold pressed oils means they are produced without heating as the latter may degrade the oil’s flavour and nutritional vlaue. The process normally involves crushing the seeds or nuts and forcing out the oil by applying high pressure.
These oils are believed to be rich in healthy antioxidants that are otherwise damaged when subjected to heat and also in vitamin E which is an excellent source of anti-inflammatory and healing properties. Oleic acid that helps boost the immune system is also found abundantly in cold pressed oils.
Cold pressed oils from One life India
I recently tried a few cold pressed oils from One Life India and found them to be very good. A product of Lasons India’s, this young brand incepted in 2017 has a whole range of products for meeting all your health, nutritional and beauty needs. All products of the brand, founded by Gaurav Aggarwal are made of 100% natural ingredients and natural extracts.
The cold pressed virgin coconut oil from One Life has the following features which is why it is a great idea to incorporate in your diet:
- Rich in lauric acid, the oil is loaded with healthy fats that are good for the heart.
- It also serves as a great lotion for the skin, hair and nails.
The organic cold pressed virgin olive oil too packs a great amount of goodness:
- It is rich in monounsaturated fats, which is known to have a number of health benefits.
- The olive oil contains nutrients like oleic acid and oleocanthal that fights inflammation.
What I loved about both the products
- The coconut oil is made from organic coconuts while the olive oil is processed by cold pressing the raw olive fruit.
- Moreover, these olives have been produced without the use of synthetic chemicals or pesticides and are organically certified by CAAE & JAS.
- The texture of the oils is just right and its subtle flavour enhances any salad when drizzled from top.
- I found these oils to form the perfect accompaniment to freshly baked breads too.
OneLife products are available on Amazon, Flipkart apart from their own website. To view more details on their products click here.
Disclaimer: I received a sample of both products from One Life, but opinions, as always are my own.